new to brewing in orange county, ca

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruinbeer

Reaction score
just started brewing 3 weeks ago, made a few mistakes, learned way too much so far, obsessed already. got hefe in bottles, bottling ipa this week, american amber the following week, and just put in a chocolate stout in a primary. looking for my 5th recipe, any sugestions?

something tasty! I like blonde ale this time of year. But, it's getting hot enough to brew up some citrus hef. It hit's the spot when it's 100 degrees out. (now if I could only find the recipe.....)

American Wheat Beer. Try Minute Wheat. Very, very tasty. Easy to make, ferments quickly, and because it's a wheat beer, you don't have to wait for it to clear up all crystal-clear-like before you bottle or keg it.

I had a batch go from boil to drunk in 15 days.

i was going to o'sheas until the bruery provisions in placentia opened their doors, the folks there are a bit nicer, and are more willing to help me out as a rookie. if you stop by on friday/saturday after 4pm or sunday after noon you can walk 3 doors down and have a number of great beers at their actual brewery. The Bruery - Orange County, CA they're still stocking the shelves but have way more than enough for me

Welcome to HBT, bb.

Where are you getting your supplies?

Yeah I just went to the Bruery yesterday and it was quite an experience. They have a bunch of casks lined up against one wall where they're aging their "Papier" for one year, and apparently it's either released today (Monday June 1) or a bit later this month. I tried the "Virgin Papier" and would like to go back and try the different cask-aged varieties. If you like Ommegang's eponymous Abbey Ale I think The Bruery's Melange #3 (available in the tasting room) is one to try.

Also, apparently there was a group of folks who had just done some kind of certification exam.

I love that place, I'm usually there once or twice a week for tasting room, be tried all their beers and preordered a rye papier, so excited to pick it up. Next time you're there, if you notice the gnome on the top of the fridge, me and my 2 buddies are the ones responsible for "acquiring" Steve from a local resturant.

Yeah I just went to the Bruery yesterday and it was quite an experience. They have a bunch of casks lined up against one wall where they're aging their "Papier" for one year, and apparently it's either released today (Monday June 1) or a bit later this month. I tried the "Virgin Papier" and would like to go back and try the different cask-aged varieties. If you like Ommegang's eponymous Abbey Ale I think The Bruery's Melange #3 (available in the tasting room) is one to try.

Also, apparently there was a group of folks who had just done some kind of certification exam.

i was going to o'sheas until the bruery provisions in placentia opened their doors, the folks there are a bit nicer, and are more willing to help me out as a rookie. if you stop by on friday/saturday after 4pm or sunday after noon you can walk 3 doors down and have a number of great beers at their actual brewery. The Bruery - Orange County, CA they're still stocking the shelves but have way more than enough for me

Didn't know this place existed. I need to check it out.

Back