New Temperature Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I don't see any explicit mention of a compressor delay function, which is a little worrisome. I like to have them adjustable myself, since my current cooling mechanism is just a fan that pushes a little outside air onto my walled back porch.

Also, I don't see how this beats a DIY STC-1000 module, which costs about $40 bucks at the worst, and about $25 if you have everything except the controller and a project box. (Okay, it reads Fahrenheit, but you can tape a fahrenheit/Celsius chart onto your controller if dividing by 5/9 in your head is too obnoxious.)

I am beginning the brainstorming process of how i want to control temps in two conicals, so i am looking for dual stage controls......heat and cool without having to change a setting.

I doubt this will be my choice, but hadn't seen these before and was curious if anyone had tried them.

I am beginning the brainstorming process of how i want to control temps in two conicals, so i am looking for dual stage controls......heat and cool without having to change a setting.

I doubt this will be my choice, but hadn't seen these before and was curious if anyone had tried them.

There's a good chance that what you will end up choosing is the topic of this thread: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/ebay-aquarium-temp-controller-build-163849/

It controls both a heater and cooler to 0.1 C precision. It's the STC-1000 that I was talking about. The disadvantage is that you have to wire it yourself. You can order one from Amazon.

Yes, and I like it a lot. Yes it does have an anti-short (compressor delay) function. You can download the manual on the product page to look at all the features.

I have mine set to 1 degree over and under desired temp, and 1 degree differential. So for a 65 degree ale, it ranges 63-67. I have a thermowell in the carboy so I prefer to have it at a range. It takes a long time for the volume to shift temperature.

I was going to build one, but swmbo got tired of my drawn out pump box build, so she bought one. Liked it enough to buy a second for another chest freezer. Yes, swmbo loves brewing as much as me but hates the equipment side.

I have a couple of the stc controllers that I have wired in to my conditioning keezer and my kegerator.

They work great for what they are.

You should check out the stc1000 builds you could build 2 and have money left over. I have one for my fermenting fridge and my beer doesn't move from the temp I set it at.

Back