New stout faucet won't turn off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patirck

Reaction score
I just set up a new stout faucet. I plan on getting some beer gas but for now I have an extra co2 tank connected at around 7 psi to a new keg of Old Rasputin clone that I recently brewed. I had the chest freezer open and when I connected the liquid out to the corny keg it started flowing out the faucet no matter what position the handle was in. Is there some trick to these stout faucets or am I just lucky?

Personally I would disconnect the tap and flush it through for a while with tap water then steriliser. There is a chance that there is a piece of particularly stubborn piece of dirt or grease that is stopping it from closing properly.

It turned out to not be tightened up all the way. I unscrewed it and re-screwed it and it worked fine. I still have a problem with too much foam but I think that is part of the deal with a stout faucet.

My next thing is to try putting root beer on it!

It turned out to not be tightened up all the way. I unscrewed it and re-screwed it and it worked fine. I still have a problem with too much foam but I think that is part of the deal with a stout faucet.

My next thing is to try putting root beer on it!

Nitro/stout faucets really only work well with carbonation levels between ~0.8 and 1.8 vol. Much more and it will create a ton of foam. My guess is that your carb level was too high.

Back