New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
English Dark Mild from Brewing Classic Styles. Lots of flavor for a low alcohol session beer.

WP_20130724_004.jpg

A Smoked Honey Weizen. A little bit too smokey for my tastes but the wife likes it so can't complain.

How much and what type of smoked malt did you use? I ran a "smoked" porter with a pound of Rauchmalt and it's subtle at best.

chef273b said:
How much and what type of smoked malt did you use? I ran a "smoked" porter with a pound of Rauchmalt and it's subtle at best.

I used 30% (5 lbs) of Weyermann Smoked malt. I got the recipe from a friend. Don't get me wrong, it tastes like it should, just not a fan of that much smoke. It is definitely better when COLD and I'm expecting to mellow a little, so who knows.

MrOrange said:
English Dark Mild from Brewing Classic Styles. Lots of flavor for a low alcohol session beer.

Nice glass. That might be one of my next brews in the schedule.

I used 30% (5 lbs) of Weyermann Smoked malt. I got the recipe from a friend. Don't get me wrong, it tastes like it should, just not a fan of that much smoke. It is definitely better when COLD and I'm expecting to mellow a little, so who knows.[/QUOTE]

30% sounds like a lot. Was there any taste of beer?

Grippe's Berliner Weiβe:

photo.jpg

This could be the best summer quaffer I've ever consumed - tart like lemonade but so easy drinking at 3.52%. This is perfect for a Texas summer day.

1014257_413293515455363_220993426_n.jpg

Um... I may have drank a little bit of it before I snapped the photo.

Blackberry Ale, I call it Black Ice for now... but too often Meth-heads show up on my block looking for "that dude with the black ice..."

My Organic Blonde Ale that I've brewed numerous times now...

Kal

When I was younger, I used to have a fancy camera like you. Only instead printing "the electric brewery" in the corner, it would print an image of a ninja turtle. And does #2 say hopslam, hmmm?

I love Ninja Turtles!

#2 is indeed a clone of Bell's Hopslam. I've made it twice now - mostly based on a recipe I found here if I remember correctly. Great stuff. I think I'll actually go have a pint!

Kal

Maris Otter/Centennial SMASH. That stuff is a pretty color on its own, isn't it? (Even if a touch cloudy.)

image-2771751954.jpg

Chip off the block Arrogant Bastard clone.

I accidentally over sparged and wound up with a beer with a lower SG. Kind of a dorky name but it works. Still tastes great.

image-2802008743.jpg

Latest posts

Back