New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rye IPA. No wheat or oats, and just Wyeast 1056. But it sure is hazy. And delicious.

Attachments

• 20230922_190020.jpg
    20230922_190020.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Some more work done, have downed a bitter since and now a recreation of a 1885 Kirkstall mild, Chevalier, some brown malt and a bunch of cane sugar.
Open fermented and keg primed and kept "warm and flat" as all my beers.

Attachments

• IMG_20230923_161414.jpg
    IMG_20230923_161414.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Pulled some forgotten gift glasses out of the cupboard - the wheat beer shown prior is in one of them.
They are "petite" versions of their big brother glasses - which is why they are oft forgotten, I suppose.
Decided to do a rolling sampler this evening :rock: This one has my Juicy Bits neipa clone...

juicybits_14oct2023.jpg

Cheers!

Following up on yesterday's post in the "What I did for beer" thread here, the totally flat wcipa keg from yesterday is now about 2/3rds carbed to my usual 2.5 volume target. And as expected, the "rock and roll" accelerated carbonation left the beer on the murky side.

But I could not resist a pour anyway, using what used to be my favorite glass - until I found out how damned fragile they are! This is the last survivor of the original four. Anyway, the beer tastes great aside from a bit of yeast bite. I'll try not to hit it too often until it has a chance to brighten. Fortunately I have five other taps to choose from :)

ballantine_15oct2023.jpg

Cheers!

Happy Halfwit Ale, in one of the neat 9-ounce glasses I found. I love these things. Bigger than a sample, but helpful when you have a reason to go small.

This came in at 1.084, if my dubious OG is correct. Five pounds of wheat plus some other stuff. Had a problem and had to add a pound of DME. Sabro for bittering, plus an ounce in the fermenter in a bag. Way too early to be drinking it, but it's so good, I don't care.

23 10 20 Happy Halfwit Ale in small glass small.jpg

Following up on yesterday's post in the "What I did for beer" thread here, the totally flat wcipa keg from yesterday is now about 2/3rds carbed to my usual 2.5 volume target. And as expected, the "rock and roll" accelerated carbonation left the beer on the murky side.

But I could not resist a pour anyway, using what used to be my favorite glass - until I found out how damned fragile they are! This is the last survivor of the original four. Anyway, the beer tastes great aside from a bit of yeast bite. I'll try not to hit it too often until it has a chance to brighten. Fortunately I have five other taps to choose from :)

View attachment 831644

Cheers!
You ain't lyin'! I had 4 of these at one point and they all broke. Mostly just doing mundane tasks like loading in the dishwasher.

But they were great while they lasted!

Back