New "miller fortune"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timrox1212

Reaction score
First time I bought a BMC in over a year but the label intrigued me and the bottles look really cool (and pop top not screw off) it's not a bad beer. I mean I would rather have almost any craft beer before this one, but not bad. Sweet and malty easy to pound them. I'd give it a 5 out of 10. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone

Lol never tried any of those beers sold only in 40's. Tried to stay away from them so I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone

A friend of mine was enticed by the buxom saleslady giving out samples and brought over a 12 pack. I would say it's one of the best Miller's I've ever had. Still no comparison to the Eliot Ness clone I was brewing at the time but...

I haven't tried miller fortune but I'm willing to bet just about anything is better than steel reserve IslandLizard!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

I haven't tried miller fortune but I'm willing to bet just about anything is better than steel reserve IslandLizard!

+1 I think they'd really have to work at it to get it any worse than Steel Reserve. It's been over 10 yrs since I tasted it but I can still remember the twangy metallic taste. I think it's the only beer I've ever had that I couldn't finish.

Hmm, well, I actually liked Steel Reserve. At least once in a while, and of all the malt liquors probably the one I like the best. After I started homebrewing I find it way too sweet now, just like many other beers, but I still wouldn't turn one down. Then again, there aren't many beers I'd turn down anyway, to taste I mean :mug:

I'm pretty sure I'll bump into a Miller Fortune one day.

If you want a quick cheap drunk steel reserve is the way to go. If you want to enjoy a beer I'd suggest looking elsewhere lol. But no I wouldn't turn it down.

I'd agree with the Steel Reserve comments. If you want something downright nasty, try Micky's or Hurricane

I had one of these last night. My local pub picked them up and they're selling them for dirt cheap at $3 a bottle. The bartender is a friend and gave me a free one to get my thoughts (he doesn't drink). It was ok. For $3 it's a good deal if you're looking for abv/dollar. Same idea as bud platinum. BMC's attempt at higher abv and that will likely end up being their selling point.

I saw this at the store and was curious enough to pick it up and look at it. The label made me think that they took a regular beer and added some spirits to it. I wasn't sure and they didn't sell it in singles, so I didn't buy one. I read that the company is selling it to try and tap into the market of young people who are switching to spirits (Or something, I still haven't figured out how selling beer is going to appeal to someone who wants to drink spirits...)

If I can get one at a bar or find a single, I might try it. I am curious that way.

Yea haven't tried it yet just kinda looked at it as a Budlight Platinum. Same watered down taste just higher alcohol. Let me know if i am wrong, then I might have to try it.

I'd agree with the Steel Reserve comments. If you want something downright nasty, try Micky's or Hurricane

Or wildcat *vomit*, yea I drink the 211 at jam sessions, but mostly because the host is mega-utilitatian and will only buy the cheapest of everything (he used a toy snare drum from salvation army before finding a real one). But now I've gotten a taste for it, it's not bad!

Wildcat vomit? I have domestic cat vomit. Can I use that instead?

You could, but you really won't get that "je ne sais quoi" from the real thing. I haven't tried it yet, but I've read that you can approximate wilcat vomit by using domestic cat vomit and adding some masticated mouse carcass. Sounds like BS to me, but I read it online, so I think it's worth a shot.

Meh. I wanted a single, but they only had six packs. Okay. MGD was my old go to, so I got six and drank two.

I've no idea what "undistilled" and "spirited" means. It's not a cocktail in a bottle.

It pours with a thin, off-white head that disappears immediately. The beer is translucent and deeply copper colored. It looks polished. Well carbonated.

It smells beer sweet and like corn.

There's a light malt flavor and the taste of the skin on a corn kernel. There's an almost good ale flavor hiding in there, but it's covered up by this fake... I dunno, artificial flavor.

All in all, it tastes kind of weird. It's flavor doesn't linger at all though. Swallow and it's gone.

I need to drink more to figure this one out.

Yea, I tried it. I posted my review in a different thread, but this one seems more active, so I'll just copy it here:

"So... I decided to actually try it. I know, I know, its a Miller....BUT someone has to try it (it is still beer. Technically). Anyway....

It is darker than the typical BMC.... kinda like a pale/amber ale, but yes I know, its a lager.

It starts with a nice whitish head, which quickly disappears into nothingness.

For a beer advertised as being "Made with Cascade hops", I sure can't taste or smell any. It's under-hopped.

The beer is NOT balanced (as they claim to be on their website), the (however light) sweet malt profile overpowers what little hops may have been present.

The beer is quite light and crisp...like most all BMC products...it has slightly more mouthfeel than a MGD, but not much.

To be quite honest, I was wishing I was done drinking the beer before I hit the bottom of the glass. I would honestly prefer an MGD over Miller Fortune. And I like just about any craft beer.

I just wanted a lager (I'm not brewing Lagers yet...they take so long...), but I think I'll stick to a nice German import. Bitburger anyone? (Which is also ironic, as the original brewers that started Miller were from Germany).

I was kind of exited to try the beer, I thought perhaps a major American label was going to start making good beer...I was disappointed, but not surprised.

Try again Miller! (hint...add more hops, like a lot more) And on that note, I am going to brew an IPA this weekend to compensate for the Miller Fortune. I'll show 'em "made with Cascade hops"."

has anyone on here tried that new busch copper lager? saw it at kroger and i almost bought it but decided i would ask on here first.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

No, but I've seen the billboards and have been curious as well. I haven't seen it in singles yet, and I'll be darned if I'm going to risk a 6-pack worth of money on it.

Though it actually looks not bad to me. I've liked the "Old Recipe" beers that have come back (if I'm looking for an American Lager type beer). So while on the one hand I'm not a big supporter of the macro beer companies in general, I can appreciate some of those beers and really, if you want to drink that style of beer, you pretty much have to buy it from one of them.

Have yet to try it, but local 7-11's have single 24oz cans. Might be worth trying that route.

I drank another one. You ever eat a pecan and get some of the hard part from the inside? Or imagine eating a tamale with the husk on. It's not that the beer tastes like that tastes, it's that it has a taste that tastes like you were supposed to take that part off first.

Latest posts

Back