Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavinski

Reaction score
Hi Iam new and just learning to get around this site. I have been brewing beer for just under a year after receiving a kit for Christmas last year. Only using kits but have been experimenting with different recipes lately. Always willing to learn new ideas.
I live in Mindarie in WA (outer suburb of Perth)

I have to say the best tasting beers I have made are the Cascade range kits seem to work every time though I beef them up with extra malt.

Are the Cascade range kits not balanced well or are you beefing up for a higher ABV?

Wild

Perth WA Australia. Am I the only Aussie in this forum? Will be in States next year visiting my son in San Fran, maybe could visit one or two of you and try a brew!

:rockin:
gavinski said:
Perth WA Australia!
in answer to wild cascade kits are quite OK with a a kg of Malt but I put 1200g in to lift upthe alcohol content a bit. The "bohemian" yeast they provide is very slow acting takes about two weeks but converts the extra sugar quite well. I have used Safale US-56 in other kits to convert the sugars but the cascade yeast is quite good. The flavour beets Coopers hands down which I gather is available in US. If you can get Cascade kits over ther they are excellent:
though you guys probably make your own mash? I aim to do that one day but getting good results right now anyway

Back