New Member from St. Louis, MO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew2bm

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am new to the site, but have been brewing for about a year now. I have been doing AG since day 1, although I did 2 extract batches last month to save a little time while stocking up for the holidays. I currently do 3-gallon batches, BIAB style. I have educated myself through Palmer's How to Brew site, Papazian's "Complete Joy of Homebrewing," Mosher's "Radical Brewing," BYO Magazine, and for the last three months have been cruising HomeBrewTalk.com. My brother (a fellow brewer of 4+ years) is the one who turned me on to homebrewing, and I haven't looked back since.

At the moment I have a spiced pumpkin ale in the primary and an Imperial APA in the secondary. Currently bottled and aging are an English Porter (4.5% abv), an Oatmeal Stout (6.1% abv), and a Holiday Red Ale (6.0% abv). I will be doing a Hefeweizen tomorrow.

As you may have noticed, variety is my thing (hence the 3-gal batches). If I had to pick a favorite style it would be a tie between a malty Scottish Ale or a Witbier. I also love a good mead. I hope to continually enhance my brewing knowledge and skill, and welcome any & all criticism, advice, suggestions, etc.

:D Brew on!!

Rock on brother. Looking forward to hearing about your progress. I've been brewing for almost 3 years. Opening a brew pub in 2013 when I graduate. You should do the same.

Welcome! I live on the other side of the state in KC. If you haven't heard of this company, go sign up for their email newsletter. They have good prices on bulk grain buys and they do some interesting group buys on things like firkins....located in St. Louis

http://missourimaltsupply.com/

Latest posts

Back