New Lalbrew Farmhouse yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any more results to post on this yeast?
Local homebrew shop has it on offer for about $2 and not out of date until the start of next year so am tempted to pick up a pack.
Doesn't have to be for a saison.

I bottled a quadruple yesterday. It promises to be very interesting. spicy, fruity etc. I add baked pear and geranium+oak.

Any more results to post on this yeast?
Local homebrew shop has it on offer for about $2 and not out of date until the start of next year so am tempted to pick up a pack.
Doesn't have to be for a saison.
Used it in a saison, wasnt blown away.
Whatever esters it brings to the table it was very mild and I fermented on the hotter side.

I brewed a Christmas Gruit with it, and thought it served that beer style very well. (And a lot favorable feedback from people who tried it).

It has a muted Belgian and earthy flavor.

I don't think it is a great saison yeast, but I would use it for wit or wheat beer (not a hefeweizen, just wheat). I think it would also be good for a pale ale where you want a subtle earthy funk.

Thanks guys.
Sounds like it might do well in a Taras Boulba or Bitter XX clone.
If the attenuation doesn't go higher than 85% under normal conditions. (no sugar, mashing around 66 to 67oC and fermenting around 23 to 25 oC)

Back