New Kergerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banjoman002

Reaction score
So my yard sailing wife surprised me with a kegerator for which she payed $75 bucks!!...complete with co2 tank, regulator and keg connector...me being a bottler, I've got no experience with these things so I'm including a pic and hoping y'all can tell me what type of keg I need to get.

Thanks,

Rich

004.jpg

That looks like a pretty standard Sankey D coupler, I think. That's what you use to tap almost every domestic commercial keg.

Most people use Corny kegs with homebrew, so you'd need a ball or pin lock keg and the appropriate disconnects. You'll need to cut the lines and attach it to the disconnects.

I'm not sure why the gas line isn't hooked up to that coupler, but since that beer line looks pretty old anyway, I'd suggest that you replace all the lines. Get at least 10 feet of 3/16" ID beer line.

If you plan on running commercial kegs in addition to your homebrew, you can grab MFL fittings for that coupler and get some swivel nuts to put on your lines. Then (assuming you also get MFL disconnects for the Corny keg) you can quickly swap back and forth between the two.

Thanks ...that's a good idea to replace that line, it looks a bit grungy. I ordered a ball lock keg and the adapters for the Sanke fitting so I should be all set to go.

Latest posts

Back