New Keggle. Coupler welded near vent hole

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevea1210

Reaction score
I added a new keggle to my lineup today. Looking at it, the coupler was welded right next to the vent hole (see pic). The shop must have realized their mistake, as they welded a piece of stainless steel over the vent hole, sealing it up. The stainless patch is just below, and to the left of the coupler.

Is this a concern, either from safety, or from any other direction?

If I am correct, the reason not to weld near the vent holes is to avoid flames licking up through the vent hole, melting handles, and making the parts you touch too hot. If so is this no big deal?

With their only being one vent hole now, does that in any way make this keggle less usable or more dangerous?

2011-04-26_17-50-22_372.jpg

If there is a concern you could always relocate a new vent hole away from the coupling.

its fine,, the heat will go around the drain hole, that's what the holes are for drain water after the keg gets cleaned..
you should thank them for welding it up,, it would have burned and made things way to hot

Latest posts

Back