New Kegging Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewIt

Reaction score
I'm taking the big leap into kegging. It should have happened a long time ago! I have a few questions though. I was wondering what brand of CO2 regulators to look into. I know to get a 2 gauge regulator. Also I was going to get a 10# bottle. Was wondering where the best place is to get one and a ballpark price on both the tank and regulator. Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Can't remember the cost since it was a kit through KegConnection but it is a Taprite. Check into where you will either refill or exchange cylinders. My local Air Gas only does 5# or 20# but not 10# (which I purchased).

I may do a kit. That's why I was asking opinions. My local welding supply does 10# bottles.

Check out the company I listed above. The setup is great, came put together mostly, and when I had a question about stuff they were more than happy to answer/clear up stuff. I'm certain that other suppliers are the same but Keg Connection is who I ordered from. BTW, get the 525SS Perlicks as they are fantastic and worth the upgrade

fwiw, I wouldn't buy a new CO2 tank unless you've already found a place that will do refills on demand. Many if not most gas suppliers only do tank swaps these days, so you could easily end up with a gnarly tank in exchange for your shiny new one...

Cheers!

fwiw, I wouldn't buy a new CO2 tank unless you've already found a place that will do refills on demand. Many if not most gas suppliers only do tank swaps these days, so you could easily end up with a gnarly tank in exchange for your shiny new one...

Cheers!

The welding supply shop I go to fills it while I wait.

That's who I'm probably getting it through.

After shopping around a bunch, I purchased my 3-faucet keezer system from Brian at Birdman. Great guy to buy from.

Suggestions:

-Upgrade to a Taprite reg

-Upgrade to Perlick 525SS faucets and stainless shanks

-Call Brian and see about setting it up with 10-12ft of beer line instead of the standard 5ft. I wish I had done that since I'm now using 12ft lines.

After shopping around a bunch, I purchased my 3-faucet keezer system from Brian at Birdman. Great guy to buy from.

Suggestions:

-Upgrade to a Taprite reg

-Upgrade to Perlick 525SS faucets and stainless shanks

-Call Brian and see about setting it up with 10-12ft of beer line instead of the standard 5ft. I wish I had done that since I'm now using 12ft lines.

Thanks for the info. After looking around I was going to order from him and upgrade to the Taprite regulator. For now I'm just doing a picnic faucet. Why are you using 12' beer hoses now?

Thanks for the info. After looking around I was going to order from him and upgrade to the Taprite regulator. For now I'm just doing a picnic faucet. Why are you using 12' beer hoses now?

It allows you to serve at 12psi and have a carb level around 2.5 volumes without excess foam.

I'll look into that. I'm just going to be running 1 keg for now and expand later. A new 10# tank filled from the local welding supply shop is $80. That's a pretty good deal and even a 10# tank is too big. But I figure I'll grow into it. Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.

I'll look into that. I'm just going to be running 1 keg for now and expand later. A new 10# tank filled from the local welding supply shop is $80. That's a pretty good deal and even a 10# tank is too big. But I figure I'll grow into it. Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.

Even running three taps and force carbing, a 10# tank lasts me a long time.

Back