New IGLOO 10 cu.ft. freezer at Best Buy $250 shipped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the 7.2 Igloo and it fits 4 pin locks with a collar. I'd be willing to bet that you can squeeze at least one, if not two more kegs into the 10.0.

Edit: also, I've seen a lot of reviews of these where the thermostat/auto defrost on these fails. I plan to replace my thermostat with a temp controller.

Yes, on sale for $200 most holidays. I can fit four cornies on top of the compressor step or I can fit two with gas on the step and still close the door without a shelf at the step and still have up to four 2.5 gallon above on a shelf. Beeeeer so far I spaced the taps to fit 5 taps but drilled only the three. I'll see about posting a picture. Sorry this is the 10 cubic refrigerator with the top freezer. Icy glasses for those yellow fizzy drinkers. :mug:

Pictures.jpg

Yes, on sale for $200 most holidays. I can fit four cornies on top of the compressor step or I can fit two with gas on the step and still close the door without a shelf at the step and still have up to four 2.5 gallon above on a shelf. Beeeeer so far I spaced the taps to fit 5 taps but drilled only the three. I'll see about posting a picture. Sorry this is the 10 cubic refrigerator with the top freezer. Icy glasses for those yellow fizzy drinkers. :mug:

That is awesome! looks great my friend

I bought the 7.2 and it fits 5 with a collar. Not sure but I think the 10.0 fits 9

I bought the 7.2 and it fits 5 with a collar. Not sure but I think the 10.0 fits 9

I think I'm going to do the same with the 7.2. What size collar did you put on there? 2x4s or something else?

Thanks

I think I'm going to do the same with the 7.2. What size collar did you put on there? 2x4s or something else?

Thanks

Using a 2x6 will give you that much more head space and not require any more labor to do it.

I like the additional space because I store my garbage bag full of hops on top of the kegs without crowding the area. :mug:

Chest_Bigger_2.jpg

Using a 2x6 will give you that much more head space and not require any more labor to do it.

I like the additional space because I store my garbage bag full of hops on top of the kegs without crowding the area. :mug:

Smart.

Thanks for the input! I think I'll go pick this freezer up tonight and start on the project!

Back