New Homebrew club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBbrewing

Reaction score
I am starting a new homebrew club and our first meeting is this saturday, any ideas on topics to discuss. I know HOMEBREWING! What would any of you want to be discussed?

It's hard to say without knowing the types of brewers in your club. Right now I'm focused on mash pH and acidifying sparge water. That could possibly be a topic of interest to others.

My Homebrew club covers 1 bjcp style and its sub styles every month. The club president goes and gets 2-3 commercial examples of each and we all taste them and compare them. Good way to be able to try a bunch of different beers of a style to get new brewing ideas.

It's your first meeting. Discuss what each of you want out of the club, share some beer and have a great time.

Come up with a brew club name. Elect a President, VP, Secretary. Decide on how you're going to collect money for the club and how much.

I'd also discuss why you want to start a homebrew club that isn't M.A.S.H.

What, is M.A.S.H. getting too big?

It's your first meeting. Discuss what each of you want out of the club, share some beer and have a great time.
+1 to this. For the first meeting, I don't think I would do anything too technical...unless of course you already know everyone that will be attending.

Some other ideas for topics:
- At my club we did a homebrew "show and tell", so people brought in different DIY projects that they had made related to homebrewing.
- Choose a specific style for everyone to brew and do a blind tasting contest.
- Have everyone brew a simple recipe, but each use a different hop variety, so everyone can get to know the differences/similarities.
- If anyone has any infected beers (or beers with bad off flavors), have everyone taste them and try to guess what it is and caused the problem.

Back