Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How did you like the video?

• Loved

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not for me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hurdzanbrew

Reaction score
Hurdzanbrew has launched on YouTube and we are thrilled to release the first video, a step by step gose brew day!! Elements of comedy and brewing together at last!! Please check it out, like it, share it, tell a friend, re watch and laugh and hopefully learn something. Check us out on instagram to stay up to date on everything we got going on! Brew on!!

Let us know what you think and what you would like to see in the future videos!!

Enjoyable. Maybe too much zooming in and out at the start and maybe heavy on the special effects at some points. I find it useful to see other people's equipment and process.

I have no idea on how to brew a Gose. I am a little curious about the addition the acidulated malt and the second 60 minute mash. Is that standard for the style?

It also seemed like your final running were very light to use for another batch...but maybe I have to wait for the video to find out.

Enjoyable. Maybe too much zooming in and out at the start and maybe heavy on the special effects at some points. I find it useful to see other people's equipment and process.

I have no idea on how to brew a Gose. I am a little curious about the addition the acidulated malt and the second 60 minute mash. Is that standard for the style?

It also seemed like your final running were very light to use for another batch...but maybe I have to wait for the video to find out.

Thanks so much for checking us out and for the feedback too!! I'm glad you found it enjoyable! Yeah, we definitely had some fun making it, we probably couldve dialed it back a notch on the effects lol.

As for the mashing schedule and process. I am doing some things based on what ive learned through brewing this beer a few times. The acidulated malt lowers the ph of the mash when added which could have an effect on converting the starches to sugars. I have gotten used to adding it after the initial mash has finished, then the additional hour with the acidualted malt is to lower the ph for the sour flavor that the gose style is known for. I would say this method is not traditional to style and its the only beer I brew like this, but I like the results. Seems like I get more of a sour character with this method than mashing it all at once. First is mashing for sugar conversion, second is mashing for sour character.

You are correct the second runnings are extremely light, and usually lack enough sugar to make a beer at all, but I use liquid malt extract to boost the sugars and get it to a higher abv. When I started all grain brewing I decided I would do a second runnings batch every single time I brew, because I love being frugal and getting every last bit out of those grains lol! I was like why not brew 2, 5 gallon batches every time I brew?! The second runnings batch gets most of its sugars from the liquid malt extract though.

Next video is in the editing room now and we are diligently working on it! I hope you check it out when it is released! Thanks for your feedback and hopefully I cleared some things up for you that i might not have explained too well in the vid. Thanks again for checking us out!!!

Back