New here, from New Jersey.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McDingleberry

Reaction score
First of all, hello, and thank you! I have been reading a lot on here in the past couple of weeks and you guys provide a huge wealth of information.

I brewed my first and only batch about 2 years ago, and it didn't come out too great, although I know what I did wrong. It was a simple kit beer that I did on the stove, and put into a bucket fermenter. It was an American Golden Ale, and the gravity was perfect when it went in, and it bubbled away just fine. The problem was that I did it in the summer, and the house that I lived in at the time had a walk-out basement and it ended up getting way too warm down there. The beer fermented for 3 or 4 weeks at about 75 degrees and ended up tasting like bananas. I still drank it, and some of friends actually liked it. Shortly after brewing that batch, I bought a house and the brewing got put on hold.

Fast forward a couple of years, and I have been thinking about getting back into it. I am looking to get into all grain brewing. A friend of mine gave me three sanke kegs, so I think I might put together a single tier setup. This is probably going to take several months to complete, due to funds, but in the meantime, I am going to learn as much as I can, and possibly find my old equipment and do a simple batch just as a refresher (and to fill my fridge with delicious beer.)

Back