New guy with a question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arienjaynes21

Reaction score
I am brewing a coopers 86 days Pilsner, brewed with 908g golden light dme 500g table sugar with a OG of 1.048, started on the 20th I just checked my gravity and its at 1.012, I am trying to figure out if I should move to diactyl rest or wait until it has reached a final gravity to do so, also when should I move to secondary I'm doing primary in a brewing bucket and I want to secondary in a carboy for 1-2weeks, thanks in advance for any help

I second @Cyclman and day D-rest now. Start checking gravity after a couple days at d-rest temps, and when your gravity stabilizes or hits your target FG then transfer for lagering.

You want to do a D-rest when the yeast are still active. I've seen recommendations of doing one when the ferment is 75% complete. You're is probably a little beyond that so do it now.

Thank you all for the input, I went ahead and started it last night and checked again today and there was not any difference in my gravity hopefully I will see some drop tomorrow I am going to be doing secondary at around 38-42 degrees should this work out ok ?

Back