new guy question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7755mike

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just made my first batch with the new Coopers microbrew kit 3-days ago. What is the best product to use as sugar for my next brew. We have a few beer supply stores here in Vancouver BC. I’m just not to sure on the brand names and amount. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

I assume you mean for priming sugar. Most people use Corn sugar although you can use pretty much any simple sugars for priming.

Thanks, I mean the sugar that I would mix with the can of Coopers Extract. You can buy it as a kit for an extra $12 that also has the little sugar pellets to for the bottles. What are the best quality ingredients to buy at the local brew shop to mix with the Cooper beer kit?

Hello again, first batch turned out great (Coopers lager) How do i move up the alcohol content a little?

Post your recipe so we can check it out. All you need to do to increase alcohol is add more dme or lme. Be aware that if you add a lot you have to take extra steps to make it ferment out correctly because of the extra strain on the yeast from the higher alcohol content.

Back