New Guy from Wooster, Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SliverXZennon

Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Brandon and I am looking to get into the art of home brewing with some possible dreams of a micro brew or larger. Some info about myself... I have a full time job 50 hrs. per week, I graduate from the University of Akron in December (Can't wait!!!), I'm a car fanatic and I love football/basketball, and I will be starting to brew my first batch here in a few weeks (really can't wait!), I have ordered quite a few books and have dedicated quite a bit of time to research.

So far here is what I am going to read/research in..

The Complete Joy of Homebrewing Third Edition

The Homebrewer's Garden: How to Easily Grow, Prepare, and Use Your Own Hops, Malts, Brewing Herbs

Extreme Brewing: An Enthusiast's Guide to Brewing Craft Beer at Home

How to Brew: Everything You Need To Know To Brew Beer Right The First Time

I have read through a few pages on the forum so far and I see a lot of knowledgeable people around here and I hope I can learn a few things!

Thanks for listening!

Well you certainly came to the right place to ask questions and get information. This is one of, if not *the*, best homebrewing resources on the intergoogle.

Welcome to HBT :mug:

Hey, I'm from near Wooster, too! Just moved out Texas-way and am working with the roommates to start a home brew. Let me know how yours goes.

Thanks for the welcome guys! I have already read about 50% of all the stickys, definitely some good stuff there!

I just received all my books yesterday so I'm going to start reading a TON!

I am really excited to get my first brew going. I'm thinking about an Irish Red Ale, since I'm a Killians fan...

SliverXZennon - Welcome to the forums, feel free to ask questions, normally you can get any question answered here. Hope you enjoy homebrewing as much as we do, or at least the products produced. (bottling can be a pain but its worth it)

Back