New guy from South Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome, fellow Texan. I'm in the Navy so I am in Groton, CT right now, but I was born and raised in Houston. What are you doing for your first brew? Please let us know if you need any further assistance. :mug:

-AJ

Got to get my skepical wife on board. She loves Shiner, Shiner Cheer. Working on finding a recipe clone for either one.

Just joined. Been doing a lot of research on my first brew. The forum has been very helpful. Thanks

Welcome! I think you're the first brewer I've seen on the forum from Ingleside!

We spend the winters in Rockport, so if you're interested in brewing with me in the winter, let me know and I will bring you some homebrew. I have neighbors down there who brew, and maybe we could have a brewday.

Welcome! I think you're the first brewer I've seen on the forum from Ingleside!

We spend the winters in Rockport, so if you're interested in brewing with me in the winter, let me know and I will bring you some homebrew. I have neighbors down there who brew, and maybe we could have a brewday.

That would be great. I would like to get pointers and tips from veteran brewers. See you this winter.

Welcome!

You got my hopes up when you said South Texas. I guess I am about 2 hours farther south.

I have been super happy with every kit I've ordered from Austin Homebrew.

Me too! I love the freshness of the grains, and the freshness of the LME when I had a kit that used LME.

I'm already looking forward to inviting myself to a brewday at Oostertag's. :cross:

There is a guy in Port Lavaca that brews, and my neighbors in Rockport brew. There are a couple in Corpus Christi as well. My neighbors order everything from Northern Brewer. Now, Northern Brewer is a fine store with good products. But I told them to try AHS, since it's so much closer and the yeast would be less stressed in the hot weather. They said that they don't use the internet much at all, and prefer Northern Brewer because of their catalogue.

I think the folks in Corpus get most of their stuff on trips to San Antonio.

Welcome from a fellow Texan Ooster!

Me too! I love the freshness of the grains, and the freshness of the LME when I had a kit that used LME.
But I told them to try AHS, since it's so much closer and the yeast would be less stressed in the hot weather..

This is why I use AHS! I usually get my stuff in 3 days..

They said that they don't use the internet much at all, and prefer Northern Brewer because of their catalogue.

I was actually somewhat dismayed when I started receiving their catalog, since I definitely did not ask for it. I don't need more junk mail.

Welcome, fellow Texan. I'm in the Navy so I am in Groton, CT right now, but I was born and raised in Houston. What are you doing for your first brew? Please let us know if you need any further assistance. :mug:

-AJ

Thanks fellow Texan. Trying to come up with a American wheat with a peach and pecan essence. How long you been in the navy? My youngest is leaving for Great Lakes in about three weeks.

I've been in for about 8 and a half years now. Still not sure if I'm going to do 20. Do you know what your kid is going to be doing in the Navy? Sounds like a yummy beer idea. I've been leery of fruit beers ever since I brewed an apricot amber that had this taste that I didn't like, but that was only my second brew. Everyone else liked it, but I didn't. I'm sure I could pull it off better now that I have a lot more experience, but we'll see. Good luck on your brew and wish your kid good luck in the Navy for me.

I've been in for about 8 and a half years now. Still not sure if I'm going to do 20. Do you know what your kid is going to be doing in the Navy? Sounds like a yummy beer idea. I've been leery of fruit beers ever since I brewed an apricot amber that had this taste that I didn't like, but that was only my second brew. Everyone else liked it, but I didn't. I'm sure I could pull it off better now that I have a lot more experience, but we'll see. Good luck on your brew and wish your kid good luck in the Navy for me.

Thanks Nuke. My boy is going into IT. Goes to Pensacola for A school after Great Lakes. I have tried a few Apricot craft brews, some were pretty good. I'm going to try and find some hillcountry peaches. Probably will have to be frozen. We'll see how it comes out.

Back