New guy from Louisiana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 16302

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just tried my first brew and am actually sampling it as I type this. I attempted a wheat ale from a kit. I had no idea what I was doing but I must say that my beer has come out pretty good. It's a bit sweet, but pretty tasty once you get used to it. Alcohol content seems to be just about right.

I think it may not taste quite right just because only let it sit in the bottle for about 1 week or so. The rest of my brew sat in the fermenter for 4-5 days and is now bottled and ready to sit for a couple of weeks.

Welcome to HBT maxsideburn! :mug:
Let the beers condition for another couple of weeks. You will be surprised how much they improve! Of course you need to try one every once in awhile just to be sure! :rockin:

Its good to see our state better represented. I thought no one else here homebrewed until i found this site. keep brewing and learning. Any chance that you are in the north half of the state?

jeff967 said:
Hello, from Monroe.

I used to live in Monroe.... that's where I got part of my nickname :) I guess they're getting geared up for the Mardi Gras parade over in WM...

Back