New guy from Georgia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HD28Guitar

Reaction score
Hi,
New to posting hope I am doing this right.
First I have been lurking and learning from all of you and must say thanks to all who have patients with us rookies.
My first brew was Mr Beer kit given as gift from Bro-in-law. turned out not bad, but not great, as was what I had expected from the hours of reading.
To the dismay of SWMBO I purchased real brewing gear (no offence to MR Beer) Next batch was Mr Beer golden harp "kit"(?). Did not follow directions but did take advise from many of you here.... Turned out FANTASTIC. IMHO.
Now about to secondary a Coopers Canadian Blonde I brewed with some changes. Hoping for the best. Next gonna try an IPA 2.5 gal.
By the way I'm Chris. I play guitar, cure my own meats, learning to brew and SWMBO is awesome and gives the thumbs up for all.
Again, thanks to all, and hope to learn more and one day maybe I can help too.

Hi HD...welcome to the obsession!! BTW I used to live in Cumming a few years back. By North HS

Hi from the south side of atlanta. Im fairly new to home brewing also. About 6 successful brews under my belt. If you are any where near atlanta I highly recommend visiting Hopcity. I used a kit my first time but I will never use one again. Hopcity has all kinds of fresh grains, hops, extract, yeast, and all the gear you need to get started. Just go and talk to them, the guys there are a lot if help and they know their ****. Tell them what kind of beer you want to brew and they come up with a recipe for you exactly how u want it. So yeah check em out. And welcome brewbrother

Welcome! I'm over in Dacula and even though I haven't been able to brew for awhile (new house taking most of my time & extra income) I still come here every so often. These folks are great and super knowledgeable!

Back