New guy from Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craitchky

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi. I am new to brewing, still reading and gathering equipment, hope to be brewing by April!
I am going to a brewing class at Brew and Grow this weekend, and have been spending a lot of time pouring thru all the threads on this forum.
Looking forward to sharing my experiences here.

Rick

Welcome from a fellow Northern Illinoisan.

Are you going to the Brew N Grow in Chicago proper, or one in the burbs?
I'm in the same boat as you.. Gearing up, reading tons, and getting ready for that first batch.

hello chicago burbs here. Post how the classes are I was looking into them id love to hear if its any good.

Welcome! I started one year ago and after 2 extract batches went all grain. Now I've got a great setup and just need more time to brew.

btw, there's a site called FreeCycle (look it up) you wouldn't believe the stuff people give away! I got a working chest freezer that I've been using as a fermentation chamber (saved a bunch of money there) plus I got a nice bottle capper for free too.

Happy brewing and Cheers!!

Latest posts

Back