New Glarus Hearty Hop Clone Extract to All Grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nspringstead

Reaction score
Here is the recipe I found in North American Clone Brews:

I just got recipe copy so not sure if they have the all-grain conversion in the book
Can somebody help convert to all-grain.

GRAINS
1 pound pale,
1.25 pounds Medium Crystal

Mash grains at 155 degrees for 60 minutes.
Rinse with 170 degree water.

MALT EXTRACT 6 pounds Light Muntons DME

HOPS 1 ounce Cascade for 90 minutes, 1 ounce Kent Goldings for 90 minutes,
1 ounce Cascade for 30 minutes, 1 ounce Cascade dry hop

MISC. Recipe for a 5 gallon batch.

YEAST Wyeast 1098 British Ale yeast. 2 pint starter 36 hours prior

Looking to use 2-row pale malt for base since I have recently bought a sack of it.
It is an IPA (British Style I have read) that my wife loved when New Glarus made it

Did you brew this? If so, how did it compare. I'm looking to do an all grain here shortly. I spose I'll use 12 pounds of 2 row and a pound of Crystal 60 with that hop schedule and see what happens.

I think 12 lbs sounds about right, I have the recipe at home and could look it up. The book had the All-grain version in it. I stopped by Northern Brewer here in Milwaukee and looked it up. I'm not much of an IPA fan, made for my wife and parents and they like it a lot. Can't compare since NG stopped brewing this about 2 to 3 yrs ago.

It was my first dry-hopping batch. So not sure on this but one thing that I have heard is that New Glarus dry hopped the original with both Cascade and Kent Goldings to give a blend.

Back