New Garage and the Phoenix Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, I'm sorry that I had missed this. When I was talking to you about your walkin at home brew club, I had no idea this was the reason.

This occurred while I was moving, and wasn't on HBT for a little while. I also missed may and Junes home brew cub meetings.

I'm sorry this happened, And I'm glad to see it bing resurrected. Phoenix is the perfect name for the brewery. If I can do anything to help, let me know.

Mike, I'm sorry that I had missed this. When I was talking to you about your walkin at home brew club, I had no idea this was the reason.

This occurred while I was moving, and wasn't on HBT for a little while. I also missed may and Junes home brew cub meetings.

I'm sorry this happened, And I'm glad to see it bing resurrected. Phoenix is the perfect name for the brewery. If I can do anything to help, let me know.
Not to worry it's coming together again.

Holy crap man. That thing is gonna be big. Looks to be fairly fireproof too.
It's going to be the same size as it was. The block is only going up two feet above the new slab. It's going to be all metal siding and roofing this time. Much longer exposure time till it would start burning!

Block work is all done. New stone for the slab comes Thursday. If weather permits new slab on Friday.

Block work is all done. New stone for the slab comes Thursday. If weather permits new slab on Friday.
Rain on Wednesday night postponed my slab pour for today. The cement truck needs to come thruogh my neighbors yard and it's to soft. Ordered a cement pumper truck for Monday, that way the slab will be poured without driving over my neighbors yard. It'll cost me about $375 more but the Amish crew shows up next Fri, can't gamble on the rain.

Slab is all done, Fri Amish Crew shows up. The Phoenix is starting to rise again!

shed_016.jpg

shed_017.jpg

Beginning of day Two. Built all the walls yesterday, and starting to set the floor trusses.

End of Day Two. All floor trusses and 2nd floor plywood in place. I'll cut the stringers for the steps and finish them tomorrow. Amish crew will be here Monday and we'll start the roof trusses.

shed_023.jpg

Is it really going to be a garage or a new place to brew? Perhaps it is a garage / brewhouse transformer?! :cross:

Is it really going to be a garage or a new place to brew? Perhaps it is a garage / brewhouse transformer?! :cross:
Same as I had before a combination/garage/woodshop/homebrewery. Only this time there will be a walk in cooler under the 2nd floor steps.

Beautiful, looks like a great place to bring brews to life.
Remember this is a multi use barn. Woodshop/garage/brewery. It's my playhouse where I can do the things I want to do without aggrivating the wife too much. This is just a better version of what I had. The walk in cooler will be a nice new addition making good use of the space under the steps.

shed_031.jpg

shed_033.jpg

They only worked two more days this past week but for five days of work, a lot got done!

That thing is pretty sick. It almost has as much sq footage as the finished space in my house!

Here is a somewhat off topic question, but do the amish guys use power tools?

We have a few amish markets down here in MD. A large group of them own a townhouse across from my aunt and uncles's townhouse. They stay there a few nights a week when they are in town, but anyway, my uncle is friendly with them and has been inside and said there are plasma TVs, stereos, and pretty much anything else you would find in a regular house. So much for the old country, i guess.

That thing is pretty sick. It almost has as much sq footage as the finished space in my house!

We have a few amish markets down here in MD. A large group of them own a townhouse across from my aunt and uncles's townhouse. They stay there a few nights a week when they are in town, but anyway, my uncle is friendly with them and has been inside and said there are plasma TVs, stereos, and pretty much anything else you would find in a regular house. So much for the old country, i guess.
Most still live old school style wise and most importantly in the way they deal with the outside community. Are they nfluenced by todays society? Yes more so than years ago but the crew working for me still does not drive, they have drivers bring them to the job. They are great and dependable people to work with. I respect the way they live their lives and try to adhere to a calmer older way of living compared to our fast modern day society.

How old are they? I know once they reach a certain age, they are encouraged to go live for a year partaking in what ever they want and then are left to decide afterward if they wish to come back to the old life or not. Really it's actually pretty cool, that a group so tied into religion and old ways gives the freedom of that. The majority return.

How old are they? I know once they reach a certain age, they are encouraged to go live for a year partaking in what ever they want and then are left to decide afterward if they wish to come back to the old life or not. Really it's actually pretty cool, that a group so tied into religion and old ways gives the freedom of that. The majority return.

It's called the Rumspringa. Some might argue that the Rumspringa is coercion, because those who don't come back into the fold are completely shunned from the community. Anyway, don't want to turn this into an intellectual debate - so I'll shut up now. ;)

Mike, the new place looks fantastic!

Back