new from Indiana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sepe

Reaction score
I'm from the Plymouth area and I've spent some time in Warsaw. I'm getting ready to start my first batch of beer. I've got a wheat beer planned. For those that are from or familiar with Fort Wayne, I picked up some supplies at Brewer's Art Supply. I had an old Mr. Beer(7.5 gallon) that decided it was going to break during sanitization so it looks like I'll be heading back to Brewer's. Also going to pick up some Grolsch bottles(they've got them for $.50 each for the 16oz.)

Kind of excited to get this going as I'm going to do half the batch wheat and then add some blueberry extract to bottle the rest.

Anyway, pretty cool forum...I've read quite a bit and will keep reading.

Welcome aboard, it's good to see another brewer from the north central part of the state. If you're ever up this way stop in to the LHBS, homebrewit.com, they have a decent selection.

A LHBS in Fort Wayne? I need to know the address. I've been looking around for one but no luck. I live about an hour's drive from Fort Wayne and an hour away from Toledo. Sometimes ordering online is not the same as picking it up at a store.

Welcome Sepe and nugget.

Here's the address for Brewer's Art
1520 N. Wells St.
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46808
(260) 426-7399

The owners name is Francie. She's a great person to deal with.

Cheers,
Bob

Thanks for the welcomes. I will also be checking out the store in Elkhart since it is a bit closer and it also gives another reason to head to midwest gun range for some full auto action.

Yeah, Francie is a pretty cool chick. I was in there for my John Bull pre-hopped wheat and other stuff. Went back today to get a brewer's best kit and some more grolsch bottles and she had remembered me being in the week before. I've got 40 grolsch bottles to wash once I can tear myself away from the laptop. Finals week is coming up quickly.

Back