New fermonsters scratched in exact same place?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyE

Reaction score
I ordered my first Fermonster, a ported 7 gal, and the first one showed up with a deep scratch above-right to the port. Morebeer immediately agreed to exchange it, the replacement shipped from a different location and just arrived with nearly exactly the same scratch, just less deep. Anyone else have this issue? It’s outside, so not an infection issue, but with the deep scratch I worried about it potentially nucleating a crack. I’m undecided on what to do with the less deep scratch.

My self I would call them back again. They need to know these things. As far as using it I would have little issue with it if it's on the out side. I have two 6gal ported Fermonsters and have abused one of them by accident and it's no worst for wear except a scratch/gouge near the top rib. Glad it wasn't glass. It still makes beer (LOL)
Hope it turns out well for you.
Cheers, :mug:
Joel B.

Ha, you made me check mine, they show no markings there. Now it does sound like maybe something to do with the hole drilling/punching.
Yeah, they still need to know about it though.
Cheers, :mug:
Joel B.

Back