• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

NEW CFC with goodyear hot water hose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeepSea

Reaction score
I made two and am selling one. All fittings are sweated on. The hose is Goodyear hot water hose. This will not melt if you want to recirculate boiling wort to sanitize. Looking for $70.00 plus shipping or best offer.

CFCCHiller.jpg

Thanks for looking.

CFCs can definitely be used for 10-15 gallon batches. When doing such a large batch, it's advantageous to hose down your kettle at flameout to dump any residual heat. Then I would recirculate (through the CFC and back to your boil kettle). That way you aren't leaving the bulk of the wort hot while chilling only a small portion at a time. (The idea is to get it all cool as quickly as possible.

That looks like 3/8 soft copper jacketed with 5/8 rubber hose to me.

It really depends on your coolant temp. From what I experienced with this type of chiller is that if you run both the coolant and the wort at full bore (march pumped), the wort will exit at about 7-10F warmer than the coolant. If your tap temp is 60F, you can run out 15 gallons of wort directly into the fermenter(s) in less than 10 minutes. At that speed, there's no major concern about recirculating back to the kettle.

If the tap temp is say 70F, you have to run the wort about half speed and it will come out near 70F.

That's good to know and makes total sense, Bobby. I've switched to recirculating with an immersion chiller, but I'll keep that in mind if/when I use a CFC again. (sorry for thread-jack!)

If that falls through, I'll give you $20. OK... $10 and that's my final offer (I like the way this is going) :cross:;):cross:

I certainly hope you know I was kidding with this response (I was just poking a little fun at the $30 offer).

The chiller looks well made and and very tidy. I think your asking price of $70 is very reasonable. I'm not in the market for a CFC. Hopefully someone will come along shortly that will see the value and snap this up.

Ed

I will be needing some sort of cooler in a bit, but my concern is how do you make sure that everything is perfectly clean in there? It looked like it had some oxidation on the inside of the copper too. Is that a problem?

Where did you get the goodyear hose from, and how much was it?

I guess my real question is, whether or not the black rubber hose that they sell at Lowes is acceptable for bK recirculation. it says that it is only rated to 160 degrees F

Latest posts

Back