New Car Survey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
homebrewer_99 said:
OK, it's official I am now the proud owned of...(drum roll, please)...a black 2009 Camry SE...black leather, heated seats/mirrors, stability control, JBL 6 CD changer, tinted moon roof, etc., etc., etc...:ban:

I had it up to XXX mph (not going to incriminate myself, but there were a couple of 1's showing up) on the way home last night...handled great. ;)

Thanks for everyone opinions. Very enlightening.

Cheers to all!!:mug:

Congrats on the new ride , Bill....sounds nice! Did you come in around the $30K mark like you thought?

jbford said:
Be a man, buy a grandma car and say FU to all those idiots driving their big pickups and SUV's

It would just look silly pulling the 26 ft car trailer or my 36 TT with a Camry....

MY CTD gets 20 mpg at 70 on the highway not bad for a 7500lbs truck.

Spelling

SwAMi75 said:
Congrats on the new ride , Bill....sounds nice! Did you come in around the $30K mark like you thought?
I got it for $27,400. I put 15K down and financed 14,4K for 36 at 2.9%. I have enough $$$ to pay cash, which my wife wanted to do, but I just have a problem letting go of so much "hard earned" (not by many people's standards mind you...;) ) cash.
I'll pay it off before I retire the end of next summer though just to stay debt-free. I know, so UN-American...

I put 75K down on the house when we returned from Germany in '04, paid P&I for 2 years along with another $700-$1000 almost every month and I wrote another check for about $47k to pay it off the following month (a total of 2 years and 2 months total).

So, basically, we've been debt-free for almost 2 years and just socking away most of my $$$ into a new CD every month (staying liquid) and 2 retirement funds.

SWMBO started collecting SS last September...not much, but she feels special and THAT'S a good thing!!!

The car is our only debt. :D

Funny thing happened on my Garmin C330 GPS...it recorded my max speed as 347 MPH ! ! ! :rockin:

springer said:
It would just look silly pulling the 26 ft car trailer or my 36 TT with a Camry....

MY CDT gets 20 mpg at 70 on the highway not bad for a 7500lbs truck.
That's not bad at all. :rockin:

I'm not a truck person. I'll borrow the SILs, but I don't like driving it. And I'm definitely not a trailer person; boat, camper or 30kw generator like I used to tow with my M109 Shop Van in the Army...I can do it, but would rather not.

When I was in Kosovo my LT COL asked me to fly with him in a Chinook back to Skopja (Macedonia) just so I could drive another M109 Shop van back...I never told him I didn't have a license...;)

homebrewer_99 said:
That's not bad at all. :rockin:

I'm not a truck person. I'll borrow the SILs, but I don't like driving it. And I'm definitely not a trailer person; boat, camper or 30kw generator like I used to tow with my M109 Shop Van in the Army...I can do it, but would rather not.

When I was in Kosovo my LT COL asked me to fly with him in a Chinook back to Skopja (Macedonia) just so I could drive another M109 Shop van back...I never told him I didn't have a license...;)

I like to camp but not on the ground..lol

The car trailer is for my show cars I do drive them alot but the AMX gets about 6 mpg and with the 4:09 rear it winds out at highway speed.

All I want right now is the new nissan GT-R. It is truely the super car killer!:rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

And yes thats how hard it rocks

Back