New bugs from White Labs!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgmartin000

Reaction score
Hey all, I just heard about the new White Labs vault program. Long story short: they're offering about 20 new, mostly unreleased strains of yeast/brett/bacteria. When they get 250 orders for a new strain, they'll produce and ship the strain.

https://www.whitelabs.com/yeast-vault

New bugs include: debaryomyces hansenii (supposedly isolated from Cantillion barrels), lacto buchneri, lacto paracollinoides (also from Cantillion), lacto plantarum, Brett anomalus (a re-release I've heard good things about), and lacto hilgardii.

I'm looking forward to trying some of these....what say we all order some and see how they work out? :ban:

I got online to purchase some but it appears as if you cant load up several into your cart and pay once. Each one is a discrete purchase requiring you fill out all the info even though you have an account with them? What a load of @$&@. I heard once adding a cart to a website is expensive but they already have that. Shouldn't be hard to have multiple items each with a shipping cost. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: No. System requires you to treat each order separately. Non prob unless you want 10 diff't items. Cut and paste it would be.....

This sounds really cool. I'll have to take a look when I'm around something other than my phone to browse the site.

Back