New Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New to the Home Brewing world and love it! I have brewed to different ales since starting. First batch which I had help in brewing was an American Pale Ale. I tried this beer last night for the first time, beer is about five weeks old. Not bad, had a bit of the dead yeast flavor, but differently had the bitterness. Beer was cloudy, first timer mistake, tried to pull the dry hop bag out of the secondary before bottling! Next time, bottle, then pull out the dry hop bag.

In a few days, I plan on bottling my second batch, which is an American Red Ale. This Ale has been a pain in my side. The ale was in the primary and had a blow-out of the airlock on the third day. On the seventh day, moved from primary over to the secondary. I had another blow-out problem in the secondary. I chalk it up to rookie mistakes I guess. Need to be more patient!

Anyway, love brewing! Looking into brewing my third batch, which will probably be a Wit or Hefeweizen.

:mug:

Welcome to the obsession, enjoy the ride.

The first brew probably just needs a little more time to age. You will be amazed at the differences in a brew even with a couple weeks more time.

Second brew sounds like you might have transferred it to soon. There really is no benefit to transferring a brew early, rdwhahb and watch the show.

I'm sure with your new passion for brewing the beers you make will only get better.

Welcome to HBT!

If you have a hydrometer you may want to pull out a sample and take a reading from primary before you rack to secondary. If you've reached your target gravity, then go ahead and rack to secondary. If not, give it a few more days and check it again.

Welcome, good to have another fellow brewer on the site! There is a wealth of information here, so don't forget to use the Search feature...or someone willl definitely remind you :).

Hey great - you seem a lot of in a beer making stuffs - good - hey i am in making some good beer - i need tips .Hope when you read thsi post - you will taech me some of teh tips of making a good beer.
______
Michell

Back