Hi, New Here!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordBustanut

Reaction score
Sup peeps, new here! From CT, USA.

Noob brewer, only have done several batches using Mr. Beer kit & Brew Demon kit w pretty good results.
Just finished carbonating the prophecy ale by brew demon, which I dry hopped w some mosaic to add a twist. Smelled & tasted pretty good after coming out of d secondary fermenter. Can't wait to try it out 2nite!!
But now I'm ready to start experimenting w all grain after much research. And that's how I wound up here lol. Specially after trying some amazing new england style IPA's, said to self.... I need to brew my own!! :p

Oh my gosh, another cloudy IPA fan....

I kid, I kid, good to have you here. I hope we can help enable your new addiction, I mean help you make some quality beer.

Welcome to HomeBrewTalk. You can learn a lot around here. I know I did.

Something to consider as you transition to all grain is to start with simple beer styles, before you try tackling something as difficult (and expensive) as an NE IPA. All grain isn't difficult if you pay attention to details. Get your process down first before you attempt making expensive (i.e lots of hops) recipes. The more the ingredients cost, the worse you'll feel if a batch goes south. Once you can make simple recipes, you can think about doing more complex recipes. And, you're gonna need to learn about low oxygen cold side handling if you don't want to be disappointed in your NE IPA's. Read the threads about NE IPA's to understand what I'm talking about.

Brew on :mug:

Thanks for the warm welcome and tips guys!! 😎

And Doug, very true, NE IPA are a bit complex. Been researching them for quite some time now, on all the key components that make that hazy yummy delish juice bomb.
But for my 1st all grain, I think I will 1st try to nail down a traditional IPA. One that I can then HOPEFULLY 🙏transition to NE style. I'm only making 2.5gal batches at a time, easier to experiment with and not having to feel too terrible if a batch goes bad. Cuz 5gals of bad beer is a sad thing lol.

Back