New Brewer Joining The Group!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agemmell

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Drew, I am a home-brewer from Central New York, in the Syracuse area and I started home-brewing about 3 months ago. So Far I have made a bunch of 1 gallon batches, trying my hand at the process that is brewing. I started with some kits from Brooklyn Brew Shop which were simple and easy but currently have a brew of my own going which is a 5 gallon batch of a Chocolate Maple Porter. I am very excited to see how it turns out since it is my first batch that I kind of went solo on and did myself without a real recipe to follow.

To give you a little history on me and beer I have always had a love for it, even before I was of legal age to drink it. The beer that made me fall in love with the drink was Ommegang Abbey Ale. Being from Central New York Ommegang was practically in my back yard so going there when I turned 21 became a pretty regular occurrence. My father works for Anheuser-Busch and has a pretty good love for beer and knowledge of the process, though I have yet to really pick his brain. Brewing is something that in the next five years I would like to leave my current place of employment and start my own micro-brewery.

Hopefully I will be able to get tips from you all! So far I have made a Chocolate Maple Porter, IPA, Belgian Blonde, Belgian Dark, Jalepeño Saison, a RyePA, a Scotch Dubbel which should of been bourbon but I substituted scotch and it was delicious, and a Coffee Donut Stout. So far I am 7-1 meaning that I had one batch that had an infection which was the Coffee Donut Stout. I believe there was either too much sugar or there was something bad with the coconut I used during the boil. I guess it isn't a bad record to start with though. Oh and I forgot to mention that currently I am home-brewing in an apartment which makes things interesting because it is a smaller space but so far the size of my kitchen is the only thing holding me back!

Anyways, hope to be a part of this community! And I have learned so much from the posts on here already!

Thanks!

-Drew

:mug:

that's awesome man. too bad about the Coffee Donut brew, that sounded good. Anyway, I hope your plans turn out. Welcome to the Forum

Back