New Brewer in Washington

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GCRocketman

Reaction score
Hey y'all!

I'm a transplant Texan up here in the PNW ... been a beer connoisseur my whole life (literally - used to steal sips from my dad and grandpa when I thought they weren't lookin'!), my brother in-law used to homebrew and I've thought about it for many a year now ... for Valentines Day my beautiful and awesome wife got me the Mr Beer kit (I know, I know) so I could try it out ... took me a week to get around to it, but Monday night I brewed up the American Pale Ale that came with the kit and it's sitting up on a shelf happily doing it's thing right now!

I've a feeling that like a lot on here that I've read the Mr Beer will just be my intro to the joys of crafting my own brew, and I must say I'm looking forward to that!

Anyway ... I guess that's about it ... have a great one y'all! :mug:

Mr Beer makes beer and that is all that matters! Many homebrewers got their start with it and many still use Mr Beer!

Welcome to the forum!

You'll want to scout around now for a local home brew shop. It'll save time later when you finish off what your Mr Beer gives you and want to make a bigger batch. :mug:

Welcome to WA and the forum. If you do end up looking for a shop near by, There is The Beer Essentials in Spanaway, and Larrys up in Kent. My friends all use Larry's but I prefer the convience of Beer Essentials since It's on my way home from work.

Welcome! Don't forget to look at the bottom of the forum page to see the newly added State Forums!

Back