New Brewer in NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preliator

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am a new to the hobby of brewing and found this forum, looks like a great place. hoping to ask a bunch of questions and pick a few brains for information.
I have no experience with brewing beer at all but have had minimum experience with wine. My brother and I came into some home brewing kits for a sweet price and thought we could use it to get together for a few nights a week to hang.....
thanks in advance for the help and thanks for having me here!!!
anthony
this is the equipment we aquired:

-1 glass carboy w/ handle
-1 plastic fermenting bucket
-1 plastic bottling bucket
-1 set of ingredients for a stout
-1 set of ingredients for an amber ale
-tubing
-bottle caps and capper
-thermometer
-1 funnel
-2 racking canes
-wire cleaning brush
-a few other odds and ends

and i plan to use my bayou cooker and a stainless turkey fryer (30qt)

is there anything else that i may need to get started other then new ingredients? as i am not sure how old these one are.

Nothing like brewing to bring the family together! If you have done wine, then you'll have a good base to build from. No towels over the fermenter with beer! :)

Where abouts in NY are ya? I'm about 90 min north of "the city".

Long Island chillHayze, work in NYC (midtown manhattan)...sped alot of time up state, have a son in greene county and cousins all over the state...thanks for the welcome
anthony

Cool shoot me a PM if your ever gonna be around Poughkeepsie. Check out the Gilded Otter brewpub in New Paltz if your ever up there, too.

Welcome to the forum!
The beer is a bit more work to get into the fermenter but you will be able to drink the fruits of your labor sooner. :mug:

Back