New Brew Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STL_Lucas

Reaction score
Looking at buying a new kettle and looking for some advice. I'm definitely upgrading to a 10g so I have plenty of room to do full boils as well as some BIAB options. I'm set on also getting a kettle with ball valve and brewmometer just can't decide which kettle to pull the trigger on. Blichmann is out...just too expensive. Options are:

10 Gallon Tall Boy Kettle from Midwest Supplies for $214.51

10 Gallon Mega Pot from Northern Brewer for $257.98

Both kettles have Brewmometer and Stainless Ball Valve. Not sure if one is much better than the other. Obviously the Tall Boy Kettle has much better price but wasn't sure if the Mega Pot was better or not. Thoughts?

I have a blichmann and I'm pretty sure I'm going mega next. My brewmomenter crapped out, and from the start I always had to give it a little tap with a piece of steel (fork or knife or spoon) or something hard to make sure it was moving. I later read all kinds of posts regarding brewmomter failures and digital being more reliable.

Mega looks good and I like that I can order what's on it as I will only go with a valve this time. I want the clad bottom as well. I get light scolding on my blich from the Blich burner pot guard arms heating up.

I recently got a blichmann and wouldn't consider anything else, I love it, and this is coming from someone who has gone through a lot of pots that didn't meet my expectations. Never had a mega though....

Thanks for the responses guys. Can't justify the $400 for a blichmann I had to draw the line at $250. Dipole have you ever had a tall boy?

Went ahead and ordered the drilled Tall Boy with Attachments. Thanks for the input guys!

Back