New Brew ideas ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My brother and I are home brewers. We're on our 3rd beer that just started fermenting. All 3 have been my brothers idea. Whats a good beer to try ? Partial grain or Extract Kit. We're still trying it out.

What have you brewed so far? What styles do you like? If you have done nothing but extract kits, branch out a bit to extract kits with specialty grains, or partial mash kits. As for a good beer, easy ones would be cream ale, pale ale, wheat/belgian ales...again its hard to recommend a style of beer as you should make something that you enjoy, not something people tell you to enjoy. One thing I like to do is whenever I go to the store, I will buy a 6-pack of beer that I have never had before. That way I get to try all sorts of different styles, and if there is a style I like, then I start looking up recipes or kits to try.

We have done a IPA, A chocolate milk stout (fermenting now) and our Dark Ale (bottled and fermenting in the fridge)

I'd say to pick a style, then go find a recipe in that style. Do something that requires steeping some specialty grains; this is easy to do, but is a step up from a lot of kits.

Back