New Bike

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snccoulter

Reaction score
I can't believe what happened today. About a week ago my father decided to get my oldest boy a new to him bike. He is 8 1/2. There has been a lot of Craigslist looking and a Trek 6500 was posted last night for 250.00. It has been rode only a couple of time his wife did not like it. The rubber nipples were still on the tires. It is a 16 inch frame with 24 inch wheels. We went to go look at it today but in between me getting out of class and getting home my pops spoke to the guy to get the directions. He asked who it was for and pops told him it was for my boy. It was also mentioned that I am a Vet and going to the Community College. Once we got there and saw the bike we told him we would take it, but we had to go to the bank first. We were told consider it sold. We get back and the man says he cannot take our money. He had mentioned that I was a Vet to his wife and she instructed him to just give it to us. Well we were not going to have any of that. We did not come to make a steal. We dickered and he agreed to take 150.00 for it. As he went inside he says I don't want to take this money in. We say thanks and leave. This is what it looks like I did not get a pic before it got to dark. Stock Picture. I will be having my boy send him a thank you letter, just after Christmas.

trek.jpg

Sometimes it is hard to be open to receiving someone's generosity - it sounds like you both were in the Christmas spirit. Your boy will love the bike!

It just absolutely blows my mind. The bike owner took my father off to the side before he made the offer because he did not want to offend me. When I was talking to my pops this morning about it. My dad told him we could not accept the bike at no charge, he look into his garage and said we are not in need of the money. They they finally decided on a happy medium.

I have heard nothing but good about Trek. I had a Scott back in the day. Rode it for years before I broke the frame on Camelback Mountain. I Lived in Mesa AZ for a year when I was just out of highschool (93). I found out the hard way what they meant by Steep Goat Trail. A couple weeks before that I met a saguaro cactus. The choice was cactus or pile of rocks (no helmet at that) as I came out of a wash and hit a washboard on the trail.

I've had my trek 8000 since about 03 and haven't regretted my purchase since. Although it can't beat my free specialized road bike

I have heard nothing but good about Trek. I had a Scott back in the day. Rode it for years before I broke the frame on Camelback Mountain. I Lived in Mesa AZ for a year when I was just out of highschool (93). I found out the hard way what they meant by Steep Goat Trail. A couple weeks before that I met a saguaro cactus. The choice was cactus or pile of rocks (no helmet at that) as I came out of a wash and hit a washboard on the trail.

I read "Camelback Mountain" and looked to see WA as a location and was a bit confused. As I continued reading sense was made of the situation...

Latest posts

Back