New Belgium Dig Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit the numbers pretty close, a couple points low. Fermenting half with S-04 and the other half S-05. Ambient temp is 70 and they are in swamp coolers, changing out a frozen two liter in each every 12 hours. Fermentation strong now on both after about 12 hours.

Well it took a long time but i finally decided to take a stab at making a dig inspired beer. Here is what I am going to do tomorrow.

5.6% ABV
43 IBUs
11 SRM

10lb 2-row
1lb 80l
.25lb Victory
.25lb Biscuit

.5oz Nugget @ 60
.5oz Nelson Sauvin @ 15
.5oz Sorachi Ace @ 5
.5oz Nelson Sauvin @ 5
.5oz Nugget @ 5
1oz Cascade @ 0
.5oz Sorachi Ace @ 0
1oz Sorachi Ace Dry hop for 3-5 days
1oz Nelson Sauvin Dry hop for 3-5 days

Whirfloc and a pinch of yeast nutrient @ 10 or so

Wyeast Dennys Favorite 50

My lhbs didn't have target so i decided to use the nugget since I was already buying some. The IBUs are a little high at 43, but based on the hops I bought it made sense to do it like this. Thanks everyone for your contribution to this thread.

Brew day went pretty well, I will let everyone know how it turns out. I don't know if I will be able to get any Dig in time to do a side by side. I may change up the dry hop schedule as well.

I'm still drinking bottles of this one, it's been a very popular brew. The Nelson has a really unique flavor.

I'm still drinking bottles of this one, it's been a very popular brew. The Nelson has a really unique flavor.

The link to your recipe won't work for me, not sure if anyone else is having the same problem. Would you mind posting it to the thread?

Here's the recipe I used. Turned out well. Not sure how close, I haven't done a side by side yet. I know that I was very impressed with Dig on tap, lots of lemon aroma and flavor, was not as impressive in the bottle but still good. I get a lot of compliments on this beer.

View attachment Trench Pale Ale.pdf

Have you tweaked this recipe at all since you brewed it years ago? I need this beer back in my life :)

Latest posts

Back