New Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msujack

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just had my first official home brew. pale ale that fermented for 3 weeks, bottled for 3 weeks at 70 degrees, then chilled for about 4 hours.

Damn good start to my obsession, I mean, hobby. Tasted good, and ready to drink the Amber Ale I have chilling in the fridge as well.

The key to this hobby to to relax. You are making beer. If you are too uptight about the small stuff, its not going to be fun. My beer (while not being an All Grain with all kinds of equip) turned out freaking awesome for a pale ale.

Without patience, you can't make beer. Without beer, what are you left with? Wait a moment and I will tell you the answer...

Sounds awesome! My first brew is 4 days in the primary....I can't wait! I made a light creme ale so looking forward to it as well.

just tried the Amber Ale... great in my book. I was originally worried about having about 4 cases of beer hanging out, but now I realize, I will probably share this batch with my family and friends, and its going to be at least 6 weeks until I get another batch or two ready.

Keep me posted on the light creme ale. I would love to try a recipe for that style of beer!

What part of Chicago are you in? I used to live in Lincoln Square until last summer, still work in the loop.

Back