New Bar help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

readybrew

Reaction score
I picked up a large insulated bar, it's about 7 feet long and 3 feet deep. There is no cooling system for it and that is where I need help. From other posts it looks like the easiest and cheapest solution would be to cut a hole in one side and mount a mini fridge. This is most likely what I will do but thought I would see if anyone had a more elegant yet cheap solution. I want to store and serve from this bar.

throw up some pictures of what you got and it will get the creative juices flowing ;)

You don't want the fridge inside the insulated space. The fridge produces a fair amount of heat on the outside while cooling the inside. By mounting the fridge on top of the bar and cut holes between the fridge and the bar you can cool the bar's interior and let the waste heat go into the room.

I'm planning on using a small ice machine to cool my bar. I'll circulate glycerine between the two with a pump.

Back