Never seen this before! wow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan_L

Reaction score
Sitting here watching it boil and i'm noticing that the (I hope i'm using the correct terminology) hot break form clumps that are almost golf ball size! So far in my year of brewing, I have never seen this!

I'm sure it's fine, but is it a sign that i'm doing something right or just happening by chance?

The wort seems quite clear with all these clumps just floating around. Previously, it wouldn't look like this, at least not with such dense clumps and clearish wort.

I've heard people describe this before, but never seen it. Weird! It's almost certainly a good thing. More break = clearer beer.

It's definitely clear! Although I added candi sugar and stirred a bit so it wouldn't burn on the bottom and most of the big clumps broke up. Even though there are no more clumps, i'm assuming that's just aesthetic and whatever chemistry caused it has already served it's purpose.

Latest posts

Back