Never had a beer ferment this fast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankeehillbrewer

Reaction score
The stout I brewed on Sunday is done already.I pitched the yeast at around2:00 pm on Sunday. It was moving along nicely within a few hours and now its done. OG was 1.054(Missed my target of 1.060) and now it's at 1.013.This was using WL Irish Ale yeast that I washed from a previous batch, and it was the first time I've used a starter. I'm amazed and pleasantly surprised. I thought it had crapped out on me. I'll just let it sit for a couple more weeks and bottle.

Anyhow, Just thought I'd share. Like I said , I've never had one ferment this fast. I guess it's because of the starter. So, I'm sold on starters now. Pretty Sweet:mug:

yeah.. starters can really make a difference.
I had a Wyeast NW Ale Smack Pack that finished fermenting in under 48 hours... I was surprised...even better, the beer was incredible.

It's all chaos... could take days could take hours... one never knows.

Any black patent in that stout? All my brews with said grain finish and settle out extra-quick. And yes the immediacy of a starter is awesome. Nothing worse than waiting for a vial of yeast to populate for 72+ hours.

Any black patent in that stout? All my brews with said grain finish and settle out extra-quick. And yes the immediacy of a starter is awesome. Nothing worse than waiting for a vial of yeast to populate for 72+ hours.

No Black Patent, i went with 1/2 lb of Roasted Barley. I can alredy tell that i will need to tweak the Grain Bill on this Recipe. Didn't seem Black enough. Probably go with 1lb next time

Back