NEIPA - for my brother...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dynachrome

Reaction score
...a reformed Bud Light drinker.

He gave me examples to shoot for, of which I am also familiar:

"Toppling giant - Goliath.
Deuschettes fresh haze
or
Voodoo Ranger juicy haze"

..well, he got close anyway - Toppling Goliath - King Sue.

My search here was "fruitless ". I found two threads, but they weren't clones and didn't seem to fit my notions.

Does anyone have a favorite clone recipe please. I won't be drinking it, not my thing.

https://vinepair.com/articles/hazy-ipa-homebrew-tips/

There is an entire thread on Hazy/NE style IPAs here. You should give that a read. It's a big thread but there's a lot of good info there on making this style.

It sounds as though you're looking for a clone recipe for some of the ones listed above? Clones can sometimes be hard to find. I saw a recipe on Brewers Friend that was titled Voodoo Ranger Juicy Haze Clone and it does NOT look like a clone. Good luck.

There is a lot of info out there on brewing NEIPAs. I have found this guy's articles pretty solid, and there is a linked recipe in this article that also seems reasonable: Everything I Learned From 1 Year of Brewing New England IPAs

Oxidation can be a major issue with this style. Bottling is possible, but kegging makes it easier to avoid oxidation issues.

Ha, forgot about that comment years back Well, here's my random shot. I threw in half my hops at 5 minutes to flame out, and dry hopped with some of my friend Karl's mystery hops.

Attachments

• PXL_20230724_143617819.TS.mp4
    9.9 MB
Last edited:
PXL_20230723_195632293.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230723_205417280.jpg
    PXL_20230723_205417280.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230723_180213.jpg
    IMG_20230723_180213.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 0
The dry hops sat in the wort for about 45 minutes. I didn't want to fight with them in my conical. I added a couple gallons of un-hopped wort to bring up he volume. O G. Was 1.060

Latest posts

Back