Neighbors All Drink Bud Light

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, no ... just time for different beer.
If the friends are incapable of honestly recognizing a better quality beer and react snidely, THEN it's time to find new friends.
Taste perception is different in many people. There are times for fizzy light beers as well as the more malty and hoppy ones. That particular fact dawned on me when food was mixed with drink depending on season. Tastes will change with the weather, so I'm told.

I'll clarify.....when my friends come over for a football game or such, they know I have a frig filled with 2 or 3 different home brews. If they want commercial beer, they bring their own. As time has passed, most of my friends have stopped bringing their own beer. Matter of fact, most of them have started brewing their own beer.

I want to make some beer for the neighbors, problem is that they only drink light adjunct beers. I have searched and thought I would find lots but nope.

Let me hear your suggestions for a home brew to transition my neighbors from tasteless light beer to good beer. Looking for Ale or room temp lager ferments.

Thanks All!

Michael
Not everyone likes beer. AAL's are purposely watered down and flavorless to appeal to the masses who don't like the taste of beer, (but like to get drunk). Craft beer people proudly boast that we are the "5%".

In other words; if you give 100 people a home brew, (which would be roughly 9.5 gallons), statistically you might persuade 5 of them that it's better than the crap they've been drinking and get them interested in trying more craft beer. The other 95 are going to continue to spit home brew out and go back to their Bud Light.

Put another way - why pour 95% of your hard work and good beer down the drain on people who are never going to get it?

:tank:

My dudes. I don't even know where to start with this, my dudes.

Screenshot_20170705-080242.jpg

I confess I drank a Bud Light yesterday afternoon while grilling out. Why you ask? I simply wanted to "reset" my taste buds so when I shifted over to my Mo' Bretta IPA, I could enjoy my home brew even more than ever.

Even my Non Homebrew/Craftbeer friends have emptied a keg or two of these... I often hear "you made this?" if they only knew how good a dipa is!

blonde ale OG 1051 IBU 15 5%ABV
9#two row, 1#carafoam, 1oz styrian goldings 60min, 150 degrees for 60 mins, us-05 yeast

cream ale OG 1047 IBU 16 4.6%ABV
7#two row, 2# flaked corn, 1oz styrian goldings 60mins, 150 degrees for 60 mins, us-05 yeast

Both these recipes have satisfied the non craft drinkers!

Thank you Hinodriver for the 2 recipes! Also, the Kolsch recommendation seems very solid here as well... I recently made some Bia Hoi (Vietnamese Street Beer) and I was really surprised at what a great lawnmower beer it was. I always hear people say how difficult light beers are to make in forums but I think I will try to make a few for fun.

Back