Neighborhood Hops! Too many!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eliterunner1

Reaction score
Once upon a time i happened to look into my neighbors back yard. I saw their back fence covered with hop vines. I promptly asked permission to pick said hops and found out I only had access to half the full crop, the other half growing in the yard over. I picked for probably 1 1/2 hours and had this to show for it. Im thinking they're cascade by the intense aroma and they are bursting with lupulin. Can someone say fresh hop ipa?

They must have been growing for years because there are masses of dead vines from the years before.

IMG_0262[1].jpg

IMG_0263[1].jpg

IMG_0267[1].jpg

IMG_0269[1].jpg

IMG_0271[1].jpg

Guess what I'm doing tonight?

Picking some free cascades.

Guess what I did last night?

Brewed a wet-hopped IPA from the cascades I received free from a farm on Sunday.

Good time of year, my friend.

Amen brother. If I didn't have to go to work soon I would be firing up the kettle right now. Probably do something simple with 2 row and some crystal malt. Some of these cones were upwards of 3 inches long. really amazing.

Back