Need some input...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fletcher21

Reaction score
Been brewing and kegging for a while but this is a first. So I am brewing 3 different beers for a Memorial Day party one of which is a IPA.

Anyways my IPA I ended up dry hopping without a hop bag this time and all seemed great. Tastes great, gravity and IBU's are spot on and sample test went perfect.

Now the issue went to take it off gas today to carb up my final batch and decided to pull a small amount to taste. Could hardly get a trickle out of the tap. Obviously I have hop junk stuck in the dip tube. So I put the gas on the out post to push it out. However this also stirs it all up at the bottom.. Hence the hop particles I got in my sample.

Question is any other thoughts on what to do? Now that I likely pushed a lot if gas out of my beer will it still re absorb?

A little concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'd be concerned about the problem reoccurring but think that the gas will be reabsorbed. Is there anyway you can put a screen device at the end of the dip tube. May even be worth transferring to another keg using a filtering method.

The last thing you want is this to happen on serving day.

you may want to try cold crashing then adding some gelatin finings let it sit for a few days and you should be able to pour of a pint or two of gunk. Some people say that this can diminish hop aroma but I haven't seen any proof of that. I have heard of people sanitizing a nylon stock and zip tying it to the dip tube. I don't like it as a long term solution but if you are planing on serving most of your beer that day then I think it could work well.

It's fully carbed so I'm a little worried about transferring it. Never done that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back