Need ideas for some long aged beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountainman13

Reaction score
Getting ready to head overseas for a while and I'm looking for some ideas for some nice big long term beers. Normally I don't have the patience to age beers too long, but I'd hate for my carboys to sit empty for a year, so I'm looking for input. I already have a kreik in primary, and it should have about six months on it before I throw the cherries in, where they will reside for about ten months. I also plan on doing a big Russian Imperial Stout. Any other ideas? I have six carboys, and I'd like to have em all full.
:mug:

English and American Barleywine, Scotch Ale, RIS, and mead.

Bourbon Porter from Northern Brewer would be a great choice. Bottle of makers mark with toasted oak chips in it. Mmmm

I second the big Belgian idea. They just get better with age.

Barleywine would be another good choice.

I've never really found a barley wine that I care for, but I'm liking the big Belgian idea. Also leaning towards a porter, as well.

I'm always a big fan of Big Belgian Tripels. Simple grain bills, a little bit of spice, long aging time, delicious.

Back