Need help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChristelMei

Reaction score
K so I just started my first batch of mead last month, it has been in secondary fermentation for the last 2 weeks. I left it in my parents basement and apparently my younger brother was messin around with it and pushed the cork down into the carboy... instead of callin me when it happened he tried to fish it out with his fingers and a coat hanger, which neither of them were sanitized. Then he waited 3 days to call and tell me what happened! Im assuming it is ruined but was wondering if anyone has any ideas to savage it.

Thanks
Christel Mei

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Take a SG reading & see what the current ABV is, if it's high enough it may have killed off any introduced bacteria. The SG will also tell you how far the fermentation has progressed. If it's close enough to your target FG, I'd also hit it with campden tabs, 1/gallon, crushed & mixed with a bit of water. Stir it in gently so as not to reintroduce O2, replace the airlock cross your fingers.
Regards, GF.

Ok thanks I'm gonna have to try that... He is a retard, a 20 year old retard... It just blows my mind

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Back