Need help with BrewPi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRedBrewer

Reaction score
I might be in over my head. I purchased a Brewpi spark v2 and I'm just waiting on the raspberry pi before I can set it up.

The issue is, everything on the brewpi website is kind of a mess. I can't find a simple setup diagram anywhere. Can anyone explain in simple terms how I go about setting this thing up?

I can't even find a wiring diagram that shows how I connect the brewpi to the freezer with the SSR. I mean, C'Mon!

Why is it so difficult to make some simple easy to follow instructions?

You two should get together https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=597575

Here's the problem: you're both on a rather exclusive island.

We have a few long running BrewPi threads (including the big mama here) but they all pertain to the ("legacy") Arduino version.
Lots of folks are running that version and helping others get on board.

I don't recall any similar success-based thread regarding the Spark version.
What I have seen are threads like this, and yours, and xico's.

Anyway...The only advise I can provide is to start here: https://community.brewpi.com/

Cheers! (and good luck!)

Thanks, and you're right it feels like being stuck on a lonely island. It's hard to get an answer to a question that doesn't include a bunch of other topics/language I don't understand.

I'm not sure why they haven't spent more time to make this user friendly or even just create a simple, easy to follow instruction manual that includes wiring and install. Most people purchasing this can follow instructions, but a lot of potential customers don't have nearly enough background to understand what anyone is even talking about.

I feel like I could be a millionaire if I had the same understanding for how this thing works. Why not just make one with all the components built in and ready to go? I would pay twice as much to have one that is plug and play, and I'm sure tons of other homebrewers would too. It seams like most people talking about this device are more geeking out about the computer software and not the beer that it helps produce. Elco is really smart when it comes to computer stuff but I'm thinking his business approach is flawed. The main website page isn't even updated with the New Spark version yet.

Rant complete.

Latest posts

Back